Mozilla Switzerland Goals H1 2016
Back in November we had a Community Meetup. The goal was to get a current status on the Community and define plans and goals for 2016. To do that, we started with a SWOT-Analysis. You can find it here.
With these remarks in mind, we started to define goals for 2016. Since there are a lot of changes within one year, the goals will currently only focus on the first part of the year. Then we can evaluate them, shift metrics if needed, and define new goals. This allows us to be more flexible.
The goals are highly influenced by the OKR (Objective - Key Results) Framework. To document open issues that support this goal, I have created a repository in our MozillaCH GitHub organization. The goal is to assign the “overall goal” label to each issue. You can find a good documentation on GitHub issues in their documentation. There is a template you can use for new issues.
- Objective 1: The community is vibrant and active due to structured contribution areas
- Objective 2: MozillaCH is a valuable partner for privacy in Switzerland
- Objective 3: There is a vibrant community in the “Romandie” which is part of the overall community
- Objective 4: The MozillaCH website is the place to link to for community topics
- Objective 5: With talks and events we increase our reach and provide a valuable information source regarding the Open Web
- Objective 6: Social Media is a crucial part of our activities providing valuable information about Mozilla and the Open Web
We know that not all of those goals are easily achievable, but this gives us a good way to be ambitious. To a successful first half of 2016, let’s bring our community further and keep rocking the Open Web!